Board of Directors
December 2018: Highlights from the November Meeting
- Thank you to Becky Smith and all who helped with Thanksgiving Dinner at MUUF and to those who put up and decorated the Christmas tree and decorations in the sanctuary and social room.
- The Finance Committee is continuing to explore investment options. • Following analysis of soil samples, we will be purchasing plants for the memorial garden and general landscaping. Plans for legacy giving are being worked on.
- Ed Janz will chair a bylaws committee to make recommendations for updates to the bylaws which will need to be voted on by MUUF members at the Annual General Meeting.
- We are still waiting for results of requests for some grants for which we have applied.
- The Membership Committee is encouraging additional members to join the committee
- An overview of the initial plans for our Annual Auction was presented.
- Kudos to Randy McCrea & Linda Wilke for the increased publicity for MUUF in the North River News, Bradenton Herald, and the Bradenton Pops’ program.
- Recent activities spearheaded by the Social Justice Committee were presented by Bernita Franzel.
- Barbara McCrea reported that items were delivered to Safe Place 2 Be and that the December Wish Tree for gifts to be distributed through Turning Points is up and running. • Due to many board members having family visitors in December the monthly board meeting will be held Wednesday, January 2 at 6:30 pm.
2018-2019: John Isham – President, Carol Bartz – Vice President, Doris Sutliff – Secretary, Mary Lou Thompson – Treasurer, Bill Hayes – Assistant Treasurer. Members at large: Bernita Franzel, Al Guy, Pat Rohrer, AJ Wolff.