HAPPENING AT MANATEE UU FELLOWSHIP (MUUF) www.manateeuuf.org
This page refreshes every Thursday. If you would like a copy sent to your email on Thursdays, just tell the office.
1. On Sunday, September 23, Rev. Fred L Hammond’s sermon title is “Covenantal Faith.” Music by Barbara Jensen, piano.
2. Sunday morning coffee hour ~ Thank you to the Worship Team/Audio Visual/Knitters for hosting coffee hour last Sunday morning ~ preparing the coffee and snacks, setting everything out, and cleaning up afterwards. Spreading out the work between committees gives everyone a chance to participate. Make it fun! This coming Sunday, the Bridge Group will have the privilege of serving. Thank you for coming forward to help when you see we need some extra hands in the kitchen. Sunday morning coffee hour is an important part of our ministry ~ to our guests and to each other. Thanks to everyone who sees a job that needs to be done and does it, without being asked.
4. Remember ~ in the month of September you may bring school supplies for families with children being served by HOPE Family Services. Please place your items in the red bin in the social room.
5. Enjoy the art exhibit in the sanctuary and in the social room, to celebrate the arrival of our new developmental minister Rev. Fred Hammond. The artwork will remain on display through the month of September. Many of the items are for sale; a percentage of all sales go to the Fellowship. Thank you, artists, for sharing your talents with us!
6. Do you like to sing? Join the MUUF Choir! Rehearsals start Thursday, October 4,
6:15 – 7:45PM. The choir sings the first and third Sunday of every month beginning Sunday, November 4. All are welcome!
7. Friday, November 9 at 6 PM is the Share a Dish dinner followed by “The Ed Show” with skits and songs by MUUF members. Share your talent! Be silly! Be serious! Have fun! See Ed Janz now to participate. His phone: 941-224-5066
8. Meetings/events coming up: Sat. Sep 22 Bridge 1PM; Tues. Sep 25 Chalice Circle 10AM; Tues. Sep 25 MUUF Board Mtg 6:30PM;
IN AND AROUND BRADENTON
1. Monday, September 24, 6:30PM, Manatee UU Fellowship social room, the OCCUPY film will be “Can the Democratic Party Live Up to Its Name?”
2. Watch this space for League of Women Voters educational events:
Monday, October 1: Topic: Understanding the Amendments, Manatee County Central Library, 1301 Bacarotta Blvd. W, Bradenton, auditorium, 6:00 pm to end of discussion.
3. Rob Boston, of the Americans United for the Separation of Church and State (AU) executive staff in Washington, DC, will be in speaking in Sarasota, FL on Friday, September 28 and Saturday, September 29. His talk “Taking Liberties: Why Religious Freedom Doesn’t Give You The Right To Tell Other People What To Do,” will be offered three times:
Friday, September 28 2:30 to 4:30 pm at Gulf Gate Library;
Saturday, September 29 10 am to 12 pm at the Fruitville Library
Saturday, September 20 7 pm to 9 pm at Fogartyville. The talks are free and open to the public.
4. EVERY FRIDAY Stand With Our Muslim Neighbors (Indivisible Pro-gressive) 1:15pm – 2:30pm Islamic Society of Sarasota and Bradenton, 4350 N Lockwood Ridge Rd, Sarasota. Every Friday we hold signs outside the Islamic Society of Sarasota and Bradenton during Friday prayers in a show of support for our Muslim neighbors.
5. For a list of events of Indivisible Groups in Florida’s 16th and 17th Congressional Districts go to http://fl17indivisible.com/calendar.html
UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST ASSOCIATION (UUA) NEWS
Click on https://www.uua.org/southern for UUA Southern Region news.
Click on www.uuworld.org and read the UU World magazine online and weekly articles on various topics. Sign up for the UU World’s free email newsletter.