HAPPENING AT MANATEE UU FELLOWSHIP (MUUF) www.manateeuuf.org
This page refreshes every Thursday. If you would like a copy sent to your email on Thursdays, just tell the office.
1. On Sunday, July 15, the incoming Board of Directors will recognize and thank our retiring board members for their many hours of unselfish work on behalf of the Fellowship. We will then install our new board members and hear from all about their individual journeys. Special music by Peggy Dickson, Martha Pelletier, and Carl Aiyeola.
2. Next Sunday, July 22, Dr. Toni LaMotta will tells us one thing we can say for sure, READY or NOT, CHANGE happens… Why not be ready? The more we understand the process, the Creative Process and understand our own resistance, the easier it becomes. We can learn to honor our resistance and at the same time, allow the flow. Einstein told us that you cannot destroy matter — it simply changes… like ice melting to water, to steam… it doesn’t disappear. So, the very way that Life itself manifests in the world is through CHANGE… we want to get good at it! Guest pianist: Shirley Loebel
3. Sunday morning coffee hour ~ Thank you to the Book Group for hosting coffee hour last Sunday morning ~ preparing the coffee and snacks, setting everything out, and cleaning up afterwards. Spreading out the work between committees gives everyone a chance to participate. Make it fun! This coming Sunday, the Worship and A/V teams and Knitters will have the privilege of serving. Thank you for coming forward to help when you see we need some extra hands in the kitchen. Sunday morning coffee hour is an important part of our ministry ~ to our guests and to each other. Thanks to everyone who sees a job that needs to be done and does it, without being asked.
4. Trusts review workshop: On July 1 when David Finkelstein spoke about changes to our tax laws, he said it was possible that some trusts had language that could cause their heirs to pay too much capital gains tax. He is offering to present a free workshop where people could bring their trusts and he could review them and tell them if their trust had the proper language. If there is enough interest, a workshop will be scheduled. Please indicate your interest on the sign-up sheet in the social room.
5. Update on ongoing projects: Planning continues on new landscaping and plantings for our property, with attention paid to the Memorial Garden. Work is underway by WBPV in the garage in preparation for the installation of their transmitter and broadcast antenna. See John Isham for more details on both projects.
6. First Saturday film series: Mark your calendars for August 4th, 1PM, and join your friends in the sanctuary for a showing of Bag It: Is Your Life Too Plastic? What starts as a film about plastic bags evolves into a wholesale investigation into plastic and its effect on our waterways, oceans and even our own bodies. 79 minutes.
7. Meetings/events coming up:
Sat. July 14 Bridge 1PM;
Tues. July 17 Knitting4Peace 10 AM;
Thurs. July 19 Our Daily Bread 9AM
IN AND AROUND BRADENTON
1. ACTION TUESDAY, Bradenton Every Tuesday 8:45AM – 10:00AM Near Manatee Hospital and in front of Starbucks, Manatee Ave W & US-41, Bradenton. Indivisible Bradenton Pro-gressive leads actions every Tuesday morning.
2. EVERY FRIDAY Stand With Our Muslim Neighbors (Indivisible Pro-gressive) 1:15pm – 2:30pm Islamic Society of Sarasota and Bradenton, 4350 N Lockwood Ridge Rd, Sarasota, FL 34234. Every Friday we hold signs outside the Islamic Society of Sarasota and Bradenton during Friday prayers in a show of support for our Muslim neighbors.
3. Indivisible Bradenton Pro-gressive ~ Go to http://fl17indivisible.com/calendar.html for the list of coming events.
UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST ASSOCIATION (UUA) NEWS
Click on https://www.uua.org/southern for UUA Southern Region news.
Click on www.uuworld.org and read the UU World magazine online and weekly articles on various topics. Sign up for the UU World’s free email newsletter.