HAPPENING AT MANATEE UU FELLOWSHIP (MUUF) www.manateeuuf.org
This page refreshes every Thursday. If you would like a copy sent to your email on Thursdays, just tell the office.
1. The Celebration of Life service for Al Guy will be held in our sanctuary on Saturday, December 15th, at 2 PM.
2. Our December Share a Dish dinner will be tomorrow, Friday, December 14, 6PM. Think back to your favorite food on your Christmas/Hanukkah dinner table when you were a child and bring a dish to share. We’ll have a microphone available if you want to share the memories. (p.s. We’ll do a cookie swap another time.)
3. Sunday morning coffee hour ~ Thank you to the Men’s Group and Finance Comm. for hosting coffee hour last Sunday morning ~ preparing the coffee and snacks, setting everything out, and cleaning up afterwards. Spreading out the work between committees gives everyone a chance to participate. Make it fun! This coming Sunday, the Social Justice Comm. will have the privilege of serving. Thank you for coming forward to help when you see we need some extra hands in the kitchen. Sunday morning coffee hour is an important part of our ministry ~ to our guests and to each other. Thanks to everyone who sees a job that needs to be done and does it, without being asked.
4. Last Chance!! This Sunday, December 16th is the deadline for our Wish List Giving Christmas collection of new, unwrapped toys and gifts for children of Turning Points families. You’ll have to hurry if you haven’t already purchased your Wish Tree gifts. Turning Points will pick up all the gifts immediately following the Sunday service, so don’t forget to bring your gifts! Thanks to everyone for your fantastic response in helping to make Christmas a little brighter for many children! Thank you, Barbara McCrea, for organizing.
5. Bring your family and friends to our Christmas Eve service at 6 o’clock December 24th. It will be a service of carols, readings, and candlelight. Hot chocolate and holiday cookies will be served afterwards.
6. MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW FOR MUUF’S ANNUAL AUCTION!! SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 10. Look for the “AUCTION BRAINSTORMING” easel in the social room and add your ideas for in-home events, gift certificates, excursions, lessons . . . be creative and have fun. What would you most like to see offered at the auction?
Important dates for our annual auction, MUUF’s major fundraiser:
- Jan. 20 Deadline for promissory notes (what you will donate, to be included in the catalog)
- Feb. 2 Set up for auction
- Feb. 3 Catalog available, Silent Auction begins
- Feb. 10 Silent Auction ends, lunch, entertainment, and Live Auction begins
Watch for more news about the auction in the December UPDATE, 2 Minute UPDATES, and Sunday programs on how you can participate and make this the best auction ever!
7. Want to set up a time to meet with Rev. Fred to have coffee and get to know one another better? You may set up a time by going to calendly.com/fredlhammond <http://calendly.com/fredlhammond> and schedule directly a time and location that works for you. If these times do not work then you may also email directly Rev. Fred at email@example.com to arrange a time and location that works best for you.
8. Meetings/events coming up:
- Fri. Dec 14 Share a Dish 6PM;
- Sat. Dec 15 NO Bridge;
- Sat. Dec 15 Al Guy Memorial Service 2PM;
- Tues. Dec 18 Knitting4Peace 10AM;
- Thurs. Dec 20 Choir 6:15PM;
- Looking ahead: Christmas Eve candlelight service 6PM; MUUF’s Annual Auction Sunday February 10.
IN AND AROUND BRADENTON
1. Tuesday, Dec 18, 2018, 6PM, Motorworks Brewing, 1014 9th St W, Bradenton. The League of Women Voters of Manatee County is sponsoring a talk by local activist and author Jane Plitt on strategies used by suffrage leaders to mobilize women to obtain suffrage. Listen to a fascinating history of women’s successes and failures to motivate and effect change. Reserve by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
2. EVERY FRIDAY Stand With Our Muslim Neighbors (Indivisible Pro-gressive) 1:15pm – 2:30pm Islamic Society of Sarasota and Bradenton, 4350 N Lockwood Ridge Rd, Sarasota. Every Friday we hold signs outside the Islamic Society of Sarasota and Bradenton during Friday prayers in a show of support for our Muslim neighbors.
3. For a list of events of Indivisible Groups in Florida’s 16th and 17th Congressional Districts go to http://fl17indivisible.com/calendar.html
UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST ASSOCIATION (UUA)
Click on Unitarian Universalist Association | UUA.orgFor information about the national program.
Click on https://www.uua.org/southern for UUA Southern Region news.
Click on www.uuworld.org and read the UU World monthly magazine and weekly articles online. Sign up for the UU World’s free email newsletter.