HAPPENINGS AT MANATEE UU FELLOWSHIP (MUUF)
This page renewed every Thursday.
1. On Sunday, June 25, Sarasota attorney David Finkelstein will be our guest speaker. His talk will focus on social justice issues surrounding the current US immigration policy.
2. Finding the Right Ministerial Fit for our Congregation. The Transition Team held an informal progress, information and Q&A session following last Sunday’s Father’s Day service. About 25 members attended. Discussions focused on how a full-time minister might enhance our membership and stewardship. Also what improvements could be made to the face we present to the public (curbside appeal, welcoming, etc). A straw-vote was taken by a show of hands: 72% for a full-time minister, 28% for lay-led services. We are looking forward to the excitement Carol Bartz and Bill Hayes will bring back from General Assembly in New Orleans.
3. Next Sunday, July 2 our guest speaker is Connie Goodbread, Congregational Life Staff, UUA Southern Region. Connie asks: “What in Unitarian Universalism gives us strength and hope? What is it that we can depend on in times of trouble and what is it that supports celebration in times of joy? What makes this a fantastic faith?”
4. The 2017 Member and Friend Directory is on the table in the social room. Look for the yellow cover.
5. This coming Sunday, June 25, is the last Sunday for this pledge year 2016-2017. All contributions for this current year need to be in by Sunday to count towards your pledge. Questions? Please speak with Bob Yavis.
6. Thank you Lorraine Berry, Carol Burch, Lisa Bohn, Lois Stilley, and Joyce Phillipoff for volunteering to bring food, set up the hospitality table, and clean up the kitchen following last Sunday’s service. Sunday morning coffee hour is an important part of our ministry ~ to our guests and to each other. Please do your part and sign up for just one Sunday in the social room. We still have an immediate need for a volunteer to do a once a month kitchen inventory and shop for supplies. Please let Karen, office administrator, know if you can take over this job.
7. Kim Gardner is in Concord Hospital and would appreciate flowers, cards and calls. Address: 250 Pleasant St, Concord, NH 03301 Phone: (603) 225-2711 room 5042. Home address: 49 Baker Ave., Deerfield NH 03037
UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST ASSOCIATION (UUA) NEWS
https://www.uua.org/ga/off-site/2017 Click on this site for a list of GA events that can be watched online
livestream at loveresists.org Join 6/23 #LoveResist public witness – online
Carol Bartz and Bill Hayes are attending General Assembly (GA) in New Orleans. As delegates, one of their obligations will be to rank-choice vote for the three candidates for President of the UUA. Read about each candidate in the current issue (Summer 2017) of the UUA magazine, UU World. Who would get your #1 vote?
To watch live streaming of parts of GA, go to https://uua.org/ga2017/off-siteparticipation
to Top [/totop]