Board of Directors
May 2019: Highlights from the April Board Meeting
· We will be celebrating our 60th anniversary on May 5 via our worship service.
· Rev. Fred led a forum on April 13 to discuss the UU World article on transgender lives and expressed a desire to purchase the online course on transgenderism.
· Rev. Fred is intending to attend UUMA ministry days June 17-19 and UUA General Assembly June 19-23 in Spokane, WA.
· Plans for next year will include reviewing and updating our SOPs, implementing the Legacy giving program, the Leadership Development committee, and the Conflict Resolution procedures.
· Rev. Fred will be registering with Manatee Memorial Hospital as clergy.
· Our Office Administrator duties were updated to include new items and provide clarification.
· The removal of the dead animal and the odor resulting from it seem to have been successful, mostly through the work of Bernie Salzinger and John Isham.
· A calendar planning meeting will be held Sunday, June 9 after the service to plan for the upcoming year.
· There will be a work party to clean up and plant new plants Saturday, April 27.
· Through the use of grant money our web site is continuously being improved upon.
· The Committee on Shared Ministry is planning a Vision workshop and training for the facilitators early in October.
· The Membership Team hosted the Share a Dish dinner honoring ten new members who have joined since April 2018. A brainstorming session was held that evening. The Involvements Booklet is being revised and the next MUUF 101 session will be Sept. 8.
· The Choir will finish this season April 21 and begin anew with rehearsals Oct 6.
· Social Justice presented a lengthy report including information on special collections, plans for the May Share a Dish with a presentation by the Clean Energy Alliance, discontinuation of the Wish List program, legislative issues, and an update on the lawsuit of youth vs the government.
2018-2019: John Isham – President, Carol Bartz – Vice President, Randall Coleman – Secretary, Mary Lou Thompson – Treasurer, Bill Hayes – Assistant Treasurer. Members at large: Pat Rohrer, Doris Sutliff, AJ Wolff and Sandy McCarthy. President Emerita- Carol Bartz