Board of Directors
March 2019: Highlights from the February 26 Board Meeting
- Rev. Fred’s report included the need for strengthening the caring committee, new emergency contact forms, increased inclusion in communication, the Stewardship Campaign, moving choir rehearsals from Thursday evenings to Sunday mornings, possible use of the Warmington Library Endowment for authors’ visits open to the community, bylaws revisions, community outreach through Manatee Pride Day March 16 when he will give the opening address.
- John Isham reported on the climate change forum he and Tom Stockebrand attended. The focus was on learning how to talk to people with different points of view using ideas, goals, and vocabulary that connects with them so that effective results can be reached instead of widening the chasms.
- The Bylaws Committee presented proposed changes which were approved by the board and will be presented to the congregation for approval at the Annual Meeting. A Q & A session for all interested members will be held March 31 following the service.
- The Finance committee is planning the proposed budget for 2019-20 fiscal year based on requests from committee chairs. The board will meet March 14 to review it.
- The agenda for our Annual Meeting on April 7 will include elections of directors, approval of the proposed budget, and approval of the proposed bylaws changes.
· Changes in our Sunday services made by our Worship Team are bringing in positive feedback.
· Committee on Shared Ministry (COSM) has produced a new brochure and cited the need for trained leadership for Chalice Circles.
· There will be a MUUF 101 session for prospective new members on March 17 following the service.
· The Publicity Committee is working on “tear off” information pads about MUUF that can be posted on community bulletin boards in our area. Thank you to Linda Wilke for funding ads about MUUF in the Pops Orchestra Concert program.
· Social Justice Committee reported on special collections, Wish List Giving, thoughts about choosing an energizing project for all of MUUF to partner with other groups in the community that would make a difference, Gay Pride Day, Rural Hospital news, and the change in the April meeting date to April 14.
- Our Annual Auction surpassed goal of $7000 by $1000! There are a few dinners/trips spots still available.
- We now have storage space in the garage that can be used for MUUF documents.
2018-2019: John Isham – President, Carol Bartz – Vice President, Doris Sutliff – Secretary, Mary Lou Thompson – Treasurer, Bill Hayes – Assistant Treasurer. Randall Coleman – Secretary. Members at large: Bernita Franzel, Pat Rohrer, AJ Wolff,.