Board of Directors
October report: Highlights of October 22 meeting of Board of Directors.
Some of the items discussed at the October board meeting were:
- Rev. Fred’s report included progress being made on the formation of a conflict resolution process, a summary and interpretation of our Sunday service attendance numbers, stewardship plans, an update on the transgender online course, status of the move towards local congregations joining together for social justice actions following the DART model, and connections with NAACP.
- The Sat., Nov. 2 workshop for reexamination of our mission statement and vision for future direction with Marguerite Mills was discussed. All members are encouraged to sign up and attend the morning session.
- The outcomes from the Oct. 20 Special Congregational Meeting was summarized by Pres. John Isham.
- Guidelines for our Special Collections Program were approved and will be added to our Standard Operating Procedures.
- Appreciation for the improvements on the Memorial Garden, kitchen, and social room was expressed.
- Our participation in serving lunch at Our Daily Bread is now strong with about 20 volunteers.
- Cori Prout is succeeding Al Usack as member of the Committee on Shared Ministry (COSM)
- The job description maintenance custodian for both building and grounds was approved and will be added to our Standard Operating Procedures.
- Approval for Bernita Franzel to work on the application for MLK Award was granted.
- The book sale will begin Sat., Nov. 9 and continue through Sun., Nov. 17
- There will be an auction planning meeting Sun., Nov. 10.
2018-2019: John Isham – President, Carol Bartz – Vice President, Randall Coleman – Secretary, Bill Hayes – Treasurer. Members at large: Doris Sutliff, Pat Rohrer, AJ Wolff and Sandy McCarthy.