Meeting of the Social Justice Committee is at noon after the Sunday Service.
Agenda for the August meeting will include:
1) Acceptance of Minutes of August Meeting:
2) Writers for Social Justice articles:
Barb McCrea – Contact person for October special collection for UPDATE/Bulletin
Bill Hayes – Report to the October Update
Randall – Minutes of September meeting to Board of Directors
Bernita – September Social Justice meeting highlights report for October Update and website
3) Special Collections—Bill Hayes
August 18 – Feeding Empty Little Tummies (FELT) – Carol Bartz
September 15 – Downtown Ministry – Barb
October 20 – Manatee Operation Troop Support – Barb
4) Issue of the Quarter: July-August-September – Al
5) Climate Change Focus – John Isham, Carolyn Dennison. Review of MCEA meeting on 8/19. Report of Board action on Climate.
6) Share-a-Dish September 13 Bill and Carolyn Denison. Letter writing campaign for Manatee County to turn Green.
Volunteers at 5:00 pm to help set up.
7) OLD Business: Fair Food Congregation: Joan Butcher. Report on sponsoring Fair Food Program.
8) Announcements and New Business
LWV Hot Topic Monday, Sept 9 Climate Change and 100% Renewable Energy for Manatee County.
Next Meeting: October 6 Next Coffee Hour: October 27 Next Share-a-Dish: September 13