Tips to Lower Carbon Emissions Compiled by Zada Merrill
- Remove your name from Junk Mail lists.
- Walk, ride bicycles, use buses and trains.
- Keep your vehicles serviced regularly.
- Keep tire pressure at optimum levels.
- Demand rapid transit trains from your representatives.
- Demand solar roof panels for new construction from developers.
- Use recycled water for gardens and golf courses.
- Grow your own vegetables and herbs.
- Use cloth bags for groceries.
- Use compact fluorescent bulbs in your home, office and public buildings.
- Buy energy star appliances.
- Buy recycled paper for bath and facial tissue, invitations
and all paper needs.
- Recycle newspapers, telephone books, stationery, plastic containers,
- Shop at your local fresh produce markets. Buy organic food products.
- Use water sparingly; turn water off when brushing or shaving.
“Shower with a friend.”
- East less meat; increase your meatless meals by one or two a week.
- Don’t waste food; serve smaller portions.
- Learn how to compost your waste vegetables.
- Install composting toilets.
Compiled by Zada Merrill from Cooler, Smarter