Manatee Unitarian Universalist Fellowship
322 15th St W, Bradenton, FL 34205
Daughters of Susan B.
Speaker: Gayle Williams has a penchant for history and early American values of equality and free expression. She speaks and writes about these topics and has been an on-again, off-again activist for over 25 years. Today she will draw lessons from the life of her cousin, Susan B. Anthony, and the 72-year struggle to attain the woman’s right to vote in the United States.
Music: Syl Vee, Guitarist and Singer Syl Vee was born in Detroit MI and has played professionally since she was 19, but wrote and published her first song at age 15. She sings and plays lead, rhythm and slide on acoustic and electric guitar and Ukulele. She interprets folk, alternative, adult contemporary, blues, funk, jazz, R&B, reggae and popular music spanning the styles of the 1930's to now and beyond. Her eclectic repertoire includes original tunes.
Gayle Williams will speak on the passage of the 19th Amendment that gave women the vote which was a hard fought battle. In this election year, it behooves us to remember that we are standing on the shoulders of giants and we are the sons and daughters of the suffragettes and as such it’s our responsibility to vote!
Click arrow for radio WUDN interview on voting
- Sunday, Oct. 2 at noon. Social Justice committee
- Monday, Oct. 3 at 7 pm. Occupy/Progressives of Manatee
- Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 7 pm. Women's Spirituality Class
- Friday, Oct. 7 at 2:00 pm. Play Reading Group.
- Saturday, Oct. 8 at 10 am. Welcoming Workshop.
- Saturday, Oct. 8 at 1 pm. Bridge.
- Sunday, Oct. 9. BRUNCH.
- Monday, Oct. 10 at 2 pm. Book Discussion Group
- Wednesday, Oct. 12 at 3 pm. Men's Group
- Wednesday, Oct. 12 at 6:30 pm. Women's Spirituality Class
- Friday, Oct. 14 at 6:00 pm Share A Dish followed by Elections and Ballots program.
- Saturday, Oct. 15 at 1 pm. Bridge.
- Monday, Oct. 17 at 7 pm. Occupy/Progressives of Manatee
- Tuesday, Oct. 18 at 6:30 pm. Board of Directors
- Wednesday, Oct. 19 at 3:00 pm. Men's Group
- Wednesday, Oct. 19 at 6:30 pm. Women's Spirituality
- Thursday, Oct. 20 at 9 am. This is MUUF's day to Volunteer at Our Daily Bread at the One Stop Center in Bradenton, feeding the homeless.
- Thursday, Oct. 20 at 6:15 pm. First Choir Practice of the season.
- Friday, Oct. 21 at 2:00 pm. Play Reading Group.
- Saturday, Oct. 22 at 10 am. Welcoming movie and pizza. "Mysterious Skin."
- Saturday, Oct. 22 at 1 pm. Bridge.
- Saturday, Oct. 22 at 6 pm. In Home Dinners.
- Monday, Oct. 24 at 2 pm. Book Discussion Group.
- Monday, Oct. 24 at 7 pm. Occupy/Progressives of Manatee
- Wednesday, Oct. 26 at 6:30 pm. Women's Spirituality Class
- Thursday, Oct. 27 at 6:15 pm. Choir practice.
- Saturday, Oct. 29 at 1 pm. Bridge
- Saturday, Oct. 29 at 6 pm. OCTOBERFEST!