Manatee Unitarian Universalist Fellowship
322 15th St W, Bradenton, FL 34205
Growing, Glowing, Going
Speaker: Dr. Frank Papandrea is our speaker for today. Frank is an ordained Protestant minister retired after 30 years of ministry in Clark, NJ. As a NJ Licensed Professional Counselor, he began FP Family Services, a Sarasota mental health and family advocacy nonprofit in 2006. He has a BA in Environmental Planning, MDiv in Pastoral Ministry and PhD in Philosophy and Theology.
Music: Koko Karma Duo
Steps on the Path: Where are UUs Going?
Speaker: Rev. Dee Graham
Music: MUUF's Singing Sisters: Sally, Peggy, Zada, Chris (guitar) and Martha (banjo)
Special Collection: Pace Center for Girls
Activities in July 2016
- Friday, July 1 at 12:00. Book Discussion Group will meet and begin discussion of "Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth" by Reza Aslan. Members are welcome to bring their lunches.
- Friday, July 1 at 3:30. Play Reading Group will continue through the summer. This week will begin the reading of You Can't Take It With You.
- Friday, July 8. SHARE A DISH 6:00 pm Gathering and Social Hour. 6:30 pm Dinner -Bring a dish to share; our fulfilling dinner will be followed by a presentation of the Reading Pals program by Carolyn Griffin, director of the United Way program for elementary students.
- Sunday, July 10 at 12 noon. Social Justice meeting.
- Tuesday, July 12 at 10:00 am. Chalice Circle.
- Wednesday, July 13 at 6:30 pm. Women's Connection, meeting on the second Wednesday of each month in July and August. Facilitator for July is Peggy Dickson.
- Friday, July 29 at 3:30 pm. Play Reading Group will continue reading You Can't Take It With You.
- Monday, July 18 2:00 pm. Book Discussion Group will meet and continue discussion of "Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth" by Reza Aslan.
- Thursday, July 21 is MUUF's day to Volunteer at Our Daily Bread at the One Stop Center in Bradenton, feeding the homeless. 9 am to 11:30 am, every third Thursday of the Month. A valuable contribution of time and fun besides.
- Thursday, July 21 at 4:00 pm. Caring Network
- Saturday, July 23 at 6:00 pm. In-Home Dinners off site in members homes.
- Sunday, July 24 at 2:oo pm Pagan Perspectives Business Meeting; at 4:00 pm Open Meeting
- Tuesday, July 26 at 10 am. Chalice Circle.
- Tuesday, July 26, at 6:30 pm. Board of Directors meeting.
Note: No R.E. classes in July. Child care during the Sunday service is always available. No Occupy-Bradenton meetings until September. Bradenton Herald articles, videos and pictures from the MUUF open discussion about the Orlando tragedy are available on the Herald website. Rev. Dee Graham and Valerie Fisher led the discussion reported in the Herald by Richard Drummond.