“Images of Wonder” November Photography Exhibit
This last art exhibit for 2018, is all photography. The photographers are Rev. Fred L Hammond, Cheryl Van Cleaf and AJ Wolff. “The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.”- Dorothea Lange “A photograph shouldn’t be just a picture, it should be a philosophy.” – Amit Kalantri. In this digital age of connection, smart phones have made it easy to snap a picture and share it. Most of the time we share pictures of each other and social gatherings. If we really look around and find the moment of inspiration in nature and then with luck capture it to share, is a real gift. It is that fleeting moment of total wonder. This is what the photographer tries to capture. For the viewer it can be a relief to slow down and appreciate the beauty that makes us contemplate life. This becomes a moment of sharing what we see that inspires us. A photograph can take our breath away, can tell a story or inspire us. As you walk around, take a few moments to enjoy each photograph.
MUUF Events This Month
- Thursday 11/1 “Images of Wonder”, Photographic Art Exhibit opens at MUUF with works by Rev. Fred Hammond, Cheryl Van Cleaf and AJ Wolff, MFA.
- Saturday 11/3Saturday Movie “Coco” 1pm
- Saturday 11/3 Book Sale begins
- Sunday 11/4 Social Justice Meeting
- Tuesday 11/6 Knitting 4 Peace 10am
- Wednesday 11/9 Worship Team 10am
- Friday 11/9 Share-a-Dish The Ed Show
- Sunday 11/11 Special Talk by Safe Place
- Monday 11/12 Book Club
- Tuesday 11/13 Chalice Circle
- Wednesday 11/14 Men’s Group
- Thursday 11/15 Our Daily Bread See Mary Lou to volunteer
- Sunday 11/18 Auction Planning Mtg
- Tuesday 11/20 Knitting 4 Peace
- Thursday 11/22 Thanksgiving
- Tuesday 11/27 Chalice Circle
- Tuesday 11/27 Board of Directors
- Every Saturday Bridge at 1:00 pm . . . . .
- Every Thursday Choir 6:15 pm