Manatee Unitarian Universalist Fellowship
322 15th St W, Bradenton, FL 34205
Ways of Knowing: Religion vs Science
Speaker: Rev. Dr. Robert Tucker, Minister Emeritus of the U.U. Congregation of Lakeland
Music: Robin Skinner
In honor of this day being the 83rd anniversary of the publication of the Humanist Manifesto (I), Dr. Tucker will survey the crucial epistemological differences separating religion from science in his sermon. He is a Founding Board Member of the Humanist Association of West Central Florida.
Events in May 2016
- Monday, May 9 at 2:30 pm. Book Discussion Group first meeting about the second book: "Being Mortal" by Atul Gawande. It is recommended to read the first three chapters. For information contact Bill Hayes or Mary Lou Thompson.
- Monday, May 16 at 2:30. Book Discussion Group second meeting.
- Monday, May 23 at 2:30. Book Discussion Group third meeting.
- Monday,June 6 at 2:30. Follow up discussion led by Rev. Dee Graham on "Being Mortal."
- Friday, May 13 SHARE A DISH 6:00 pm Gathering and Social Hour. 6:30 pm Dinner -Bring a dish to share and our fulfilling dinner will be followed by a program of education and discussion about the underlying problems in our US Democracy and the Move to Amend.
- Wednesday. May 11 at 6 pm. WOMEN’S SPIRITUALITY CLASS will meet on the second Wednesday of each month in June, July and August. For more information contact Lisa Bohn, Director of Religious Education.
- Thursday, May 19 is MUUF's day to Volunteer at Our Daily Bread at the One Stop Center in Bradenton, feeding the homeless. 9 am to 11:30 am every third Thursday of the Month. A valuable contribution of time and fun besides.
- Saturday, May 7 at 6 pm. Gala festival for Cinco de Mayo. Eating and Dancing! Call the office for reservations or sign up in the Social Hall.
- Monday, May 9 at 7 pm. OCCUPY-Bradenton and the Social Justice Committee will present the documentary “Shadows of Liberty," the story of disintegrating freedoms in the US Media. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. The discussion following usually lasts till about 8:30 -9 pm. This event is FREE and open to the public.
- Monday, May 23 at 7 pm. OCCUPY-Bradenton and the Social Justice Committee will present the documentary “Roadway to Apartheid," the harrowing expose of Israel's unique system of official discrimination. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. The discussion following usually lasts till about 8:30-9 pm. This event is FREE and open to the public.
- Sunday, May 22 at 2 pm Pagan Perspectives Business Meeting, and 4 pm Open Meeting.
- Saturday, May 28 at 5:30 pm. In Home Dinners at member homes. Sign up in Social Hall or call office for reservations.